Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lunch at Neusiedler See

What a delightful Sunday! After going to Christ Church and reading the gospel and saying hello to people from 10 or 20 years ago, my host and I drove out to Neusiedler See (in Burgenland near the Hungarian border) for lunch. We watched people sailing and swimming while we waited for our lunch. Just as we ordered dessert, the clouds (and lightning) that had been building up let loose and the boats and swimmers made a mad dash to the shore. It didn't look as though it was going to last for any time and we were right. I wish I had a way of transferring my photos to my laptop with me, I think I have some nice pictures of our lunch place. This evening is going to be spent packing for my trip to England tomorrow. From what I can tell the temperature is going to be at least 10°F cooler, which won't bother me at all.

No comments: