Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Einstein Quote of the Day

One thing I have learned in a long life: All our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - and yet it is the most precious thing we have.


Einstein said this about science, but you could say this about all knowledge, yet I wonder if even knowledge is the most precious thing we have.  I would say that the most precious thing we have is love.  And the source of that love, in my humble opinion, is a God who gave us all there is, including knowledge.  I have no doubt, however, that our love, measured against the love that God has for us is truly primitive and childlike.

4 comments:

Leonard said...

Truly, it´s love...being loving is hard for me yet I know it´s the very most single character quality I could share.

motheramelia said...

Len, Being truly loving is not easy for me either. I think that's why our love always falls short of God's.

Rick+ said...

I agree, but I'm loving your Einstein quotes; I used one the other day in conversation!

motheramelia said...

Rick, the one I like is "It's harder to crack a prejudice than an atom." Just look at our country!