Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday

My Wednesdays are always busy, but this morning I decided to start a bit earlier than usual and join some women for breakfast at the mountain. The ski trails were being groomed and the sun was shining. It was a great way to start the day. I saved a piece of bacon for my Izzie and then the two of us were off to the church for the Wednesday morning Eucharist and then an ECW meeting followed by a rehearsal for Easter with our Minister of Music. As part of the pre-service music I'm going to be playing "I know that my redeemer liveth" by James Filmore on one of my recorders accompanied by the MM on piano. It sounds a bit like a Salvation Army band piece, but it is lively and fun to play.

Wednesday evenings during Lent we have a soup supper followed by a program that this year is a video series on figures in the New Testament.  Good turnout and the soups have been great.  Then to relax I've been going to a film series of Alfred Hitchcock films.  The price of admission is a donation to the local non-profit of choice.  We're supporting two young people who are going on a mission trip this summer, so that's where my donation goes. 

By the time Wednesdays are over, I'm ready to sleep.

No comments: